Federal Fiscal Year 2019 Schedule of NTI’s
Please look carefully at the dates for the next year, determine what training you will need and what NTI(s) you plan to attend if you have slots to use.
NTI Location Dates Registration Deadline
- New Orleans, LA August 19-23, 2019 CLOSED
Just like this past Federal FY, there will only be 3 NTIs and the travel will arrangements will be made by individual travelers.
- The TRAVEL STIPEND has gone down to $600 this year, so it is even more advantageous for you to choose NTIs/locations that are the easiest in regards to transportation.
- The SLOT FEE has gone up to $525 for up to a week of classes.
- LODGING – As was the case this past year, Registrants will receive subsidized single-occupancy rooms, paying $80 per night per the number of days of NTI attendance/participation (checking in one day prior to the course start date and checking out the last day of class).
Fahe’s priorities in awarding slots for the coming Federal FY will be as follows:
- Home Lending/Financial Literacy Counseling
- Partnering Housing, Health, and Social Services
- Energy Efficiency (some courses under Constr/Rehab, some scattered throughout other tracks)
- Organizational Sustainability/Leadership/Board Governance – courses in the Non-profit leadership track
To be eligible to receive a slot you must:
- Be a member in good standing
- Submit your quarterly reporting
- Submit your completed slot request on the attached spreadsheet
- Email all NTI Training Certificates for this past year to firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Training Opportunity
Fahe has paid for another round of Online Self-Guided Courses. This is an opportunity for you, your staff, and your board members to take advantage of 22 Self-Guided online training courses! The courses are listed below; click on any of them to review the full course descriptions. As you review the list of courses below, we have highlighted the Management and Leadership courses as this may be a great opportunity to obtain training for your Board of Directors .
Please contact email@example.com directly for codes to the courses you want to take. Fahe is required to maintain a list of who will be taking the courses for reporting back to NWA.
1. That Members will register for courses no later than September 30 (no registration extensions for incomplete courses)
2. That Members complete the course within 60-days after registering including required tests (ONLY 60 days allowed for completion following registration)
3. That Members will forward certificates of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org when received.
Nonprofit management and leadership
- Essential Skills for Supervisors (ML131el)
- Marketing Your Programs and Organization (ML162el)
- Board Oversight and Governance (ML240el) UPDATED
Community economic development
Construction and rehab/green building
Financial capability, housing counseling and education
- Mortgage Lending Fundamentals for Homeownership Professionals (HO102el) UPDATED VERSION 6/2018
- Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Counseling Basics Overview (HO104el)
- Foreclosure Process Overview for Housing Professionals (HO107el)
- Foreclosure Basics (HO109el)
- Insurance Basics (HO112el)
- Understanding Credit Reports and Credit Scoring (HO130el)
- Student Loan Basics (HO155el) NEW!
- Housing Counseling Services for Military Members and Veterans (HO170el)
- Engaging Older Adults in Financial Capability Programs (HO180el)
- Mortgage Math Made Simple for Homeownership Professional (HO206el)
- Building Skills for Financial Confidence (HO208el) NEW!
- Delivering Effective Financial Education (HO209el)
- Counseling Clients Seeking Rental Housing (HO265el)
- Being Green, Seeing Green: Counseling Clients to Maximize Energy Savings (HO290el)
- Best Practices to Improve Your Foreclosure Intervention Counseling Program (HO347el) NEW!
Multifamily property asset management