Fahe Spring Retreat – April 25-26 Washington, DC
Reserve your Room at the Hilton Garden Inn & Suites – cutoff date is March 24 or earlier if the block is full
- Fahe has secured a sleeping room block at the hotel covering the dates of Mon. April 24, Tues., April 25, Wed. April 26 and Thurs. April 27. (Please note there are a limited number of rooms for Thur.)
- All rooms on the room block Mon/Tues/Wed nights, will be billed to Fahe – incidentals on own.
- Reservations can only be made via the link that Fahe has set up at the hotel
- When you register online, you will need to enter credit card info for any incidental charges. The Card will not be charged at the time of making the reservation, it will simply be held on file incidentals – you will be asked to provide the same card on check-in.
- If planning to drive, Valet parking is $50/night (that is the only option)
- Following the Event, Fahe will bill your organization.
- The maximum Fahe will bill your organization per night is $325 (we are still working on fundraising to reduce this rate)
- Beyond 2 nights, or if you reserve more than 2 rooms for 2 nights, your bill will be the full amount ($289+14% tax=$332.21)
- If you are planning to come in early for the meeting or stay later at the conclusion of the meeting outside of the official room block dates above – those nights are your responsibility and cannot be booked via the above link, you would have to contact the hotel directly. In the event that you do this, please contact our meeting planner Chris Greenslade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 843-408-7050 to provide your dates.
2023 Professional Development Series ~ Advocacy for Action
Please “HOLD” the following Training Times/Dates: (Zoom meetings)
- Session 1: 1/31/23: Advocacy 101 Training – A recording of the session can be found HERE. Using passcode: J$jea0G# ~ slides HERE
- Session 2: March 29th 11-12:30 EST
- Session 3: By Appointment April 11th and April 13th
To prep for the Spring Retreat, Fahe is launching a special 3-part series is designed to inform Members on best practice advocacy strategies. Focused on equipping Members with practical skills, the first 2 sessions will provide you and your team an overview of:
- Process and persistence needed to schedule a meeting with an elected official
- What to do to prepare in advance, and
- How to run an effective legislative meeting.
The final session will allow you to put these skills to the test. You’ll join a 30-60 minute practice session where you and your caucus partners can prep and practice speaking to your Senators in advance of our April Hill Day.